Magenta Moday is currently inactive for the 2011-2012 season. If you would like to see this group active again please consider volunteering. See right side bar for contact information.
The purpose of Magenta Monday is as follows:
In an accepting and comfortable atmosphere
• to create an interactive experience that develops the teachers’ ability to demonstrate
for their students how to bring music to life.
• to develop the basic skills which often seem to be missing in student performances,
realizing that it is never too late to begin this task.
• to discuss interpretation and the solving of musical problems.
• $20 per session for ARMTA members
• $30 per session for non members
• ARMTA members may purchase a subscription for $60 which guarantees reserved seating (for 4 sessions). There are no refunds for missed sessions.
Payment in advance by mail is appreciated. Cheques should be payable to ARMTA Edmonton Branch and sent to:
Participation is limited to 20 per session. For single sessions, advance registration by email or phone is required.
Time: 9:15 – 11:45 a.m. Coffee provided.
Everyone is welcome to attend either to perform or to audit. Repertoire for each session has been planned for some of the sessions as listed in the details (reached by clicking on the link below). We are using music listed in either RCM or Conservatory Canada syllabus. Teachers wishing to perform at a session may register their choices in advance with Susan Wilson (email address below) – first come, first served. The clinician will give an introductory presentation outlining the concepts to be explored and the session will then proceed on a masterclass basis.